Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

my teeth!

I came back from the dentist yesterday.
I had a root canal done on one of my front teeth since the nerve in my tooth was dying.
So, yesterday, I had to go through the prep work of getting a crown put over my tooth.

First, they shaved down my tooth until it was nothing more than a cone shaped stub!
Then the dentist noticed that one of my bottom teeth would hit my crown, and possibly crack it. So he shaved down my four front bottom teeth. It is weird because when you touch your teeth with your tongue, it should feel kinda like /\, but now my teeth feel like / \, all flat on top.
Well, I guess I will get used to it.

But, I am happy to report that when you get a crown, it feels as if it was your actual tooth. I was worried that it would feel like it was missing, or that it would feel like I had a big block of nothing stuck in my mouth. But, I can report that it feels completely natural. (In case anyone out there is also in need of root canal and crown work done on their teeth.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?